John was raised on a sheep and beef farm in Eastern Southland and has lived in Gore his entire professional life. He has established strong relationships with many clients and businesses in the Southland, West Otago, and Queenstown regions. John has extensive experience and knowledge in many areas of the law, particularly in the commercial, property and agribusiness sectors. John particularly enjoys dealing with the challenges of intergenerational farm succession.
Formerly of Bannerman's Lawyers Gore, John joined Cruickshank Pryde and the Gore office is now known as Bannerman Cruickshank Pryde.
Outside the office, John enjoys pursuing personal farming interests, e biking, golf, skiing, hunting, shooting, fishing, and spending time with family.
- Property and Commercial Law
- Rural law and Agribusiness
- Succession planning for farming families
- Business structures and acquisitions
- Relationship property
- Trusts, wills and estates
- Dispute Resolution
- Current member and past president of the Gore rotary club (Paul Harris Fellowship)
- Honorary Solicitor for a number of Community Organisations
- Chairman/Director of several companies